The major goal of the project is promoting youth entrepreneurship in the green building sector through developing training materials and tools for young individuals studying or graduating higher education or occupied in the field architecture, engineering, building design and energy.
The project involves creation of online training platform to improve the skills of aforementioned group and enable them active inclusion into the business. As a secondary aim, the training platform will foster the use of ICT resources as training method. The tangible results from the project will be:
• A training program and platform consisting of easy-to-use, innovative, ICT-based training materials;
• A new ICT-based training methodology;
• Training website. Intangible results will refer to personal development of the participating workers in the short-term, but also the increase of qualified workers and environmental skilled workers employed in the sector as medium/long term result. Objectives of the project are:
• Transferring knowledge of employment, self-employment or entrepreneurship in the sectors of sustainable construction, environmental sustainability, energy-efficiency, renewable energy production, recycling and green building to the target group;
• Providing the target group the chance to be more competitive in the labour market by increasing their technical competences, experiential and soft skills;
• Enhancing the social inclusion, active citizenship and employability of young people with fewer opportunities.
Specific tasks of the project are:
1. Creation of training module (e-learning) and online platform for education on green building practices combined with entrepreneurship and leadership expertise
2. Increase in demand for green skilled workforce among youth through awareness raising campaign to municipalities of Georgia and building, engineering, architecture companies and firms
3. Networking with authorities and academic circles for increased communication of project to the target audiences.